学习啦 > 学习英语 > 生活英语 > 求职英语 > 职场社交英语(2)

职场社交英语(2)

时间: 楚欣650 分享

职场社交英语

  07、我开了一整晚夜车

  Zina: Dave, 1) wake up.

  吉娜: 戴夫,醒醒。

  Dave: Whaah? Zina? What time is it?

  戴夫: 啊?吉娜?现在几点了?

  Zina: It's seven-thirty. I want to know who left this note on my desk.

  吉娜: 七点半。我要知道是谁在我桌上留了这张纸条。

  Dave: What note? I can't see. I just 2) pulled an all-nighter.

  戴夫: 什么纸条?我看不到。我开了一整晚夜车。

  Zina: It's a little green 3) post-it note, 4) stuck right in the middle of my computer screen.

  吉娜: 是小张的绿色便利贴,就粘在我电脑屏幕的中间。

  Dave: And? What does it say? Isn't there a name?

  戴夫: 然后呢?上面写着什么?没有名字吗?

  Zina: It says, Zina, I like how you 5) rhumba. An 6) admirer.

  吉娜: 上面写着:“吉娜,我喜欢你跳伦巴的样子。仰慕者。”

  语言详解

  A: Where should I put this picture of Fiona?

  我该把费欧娜这张照片摆哪儿?

  B: Just stick it on your front door.

  把它贴在你的前门就好了。

  【It's seven-thirty. 七点半。】

  在这个句型中,it指时间。虽然这句话也可以简化为Seven-thirty.但还是用原句型较为适当。

  it除了指时间以外,也用于指天气或距离,例如:

  It's very hot today.

  今天天气很热。

  It's about 400 kilometers from Taipei to Kenting.

  从台北到垦丁大约400公里。

  A:How far is it from here to Hualien?

  从这里到花莲有多远?

  B:It's about 150 kilometers.

  大约150公里。

  A:How is the weather like down there?

  那里天气怎么样?

  B:It's raining at the moment.

  此刻正在下雨。

  1) wake up 醒来;awake是“醒着的”。

  2) pull an all-nighter 开夜车,熬夜

  3) post-it note 可贴的便条纸,系3M公司出品的办公用具,现已成为同类产品的代名词。

  4) stick (v.) 粘贴

  5) rhumba (n.) 伦巴舞

  6) admirer (n.) 仰慕者,secret admirer 是“暗恋者”。

  08、我受不了电脑怪胎

  Dave: Whoa. Now I'm awake! Zina has a secret admirer.

  戴夫: 哇。这会我可醒了!吉娜有暗恋者了。

  Zina: I really do not have time to deal with some 1) lovesick computer 2) geek.

  吉娜: 我真的没时间去应付爱昏了头的电脑怪胎。

  Dave: I know what you mean. I can't stand computer geeks.

  戴夫: 我知道你的意思。我也受不了电脑怪胎。

  Zina: Sorry, Dave, I didn't mean you. I am just not 3) in the mood for this. I have work to do.

  吉娜: 抱歉,戴夫,我不是说你。我只是没心情搞这玩意儿。我还有工作要做。

  Dave: Who do you think it is?

  戴夫: 你觉得是谁?

  语言详解

  A: Your friend seems to be in a better mood.

  你朋友的心情看起来好多了。

  B: I gave her a pep talk.

  我给她来了段精神讲话。

  【I can't stand... 我无法忍受……】

  stand这个字大家一定都知道,但它除了“站”这个意思之外,最常用的就是指“忍受”,可以用在人身上:

  A: Allison is my best friend.

  爱丽森是我最好的朋友。

  B: I can't stand her. She is so fake!

  我受不了她。她好假喔!

  也可以用在事物身上:

  A: It must be 45 degrees in here.

  这里一定有四十五度。

  B: I can't stand it anymore. It's too hot!

  我再也受不了了。有够热的!

  用来表示动作也行:

  A: Let's go have a beer at Tom's.

  我们去汤姆的店喝啤酒。

  B: I can't stand to go there. It reminds me of my ex-girlfriend.

  我不能忍受去那里。那会让我想起我的前女友。

  1) lovesick (a.) 因爱而分神迷乱的

  2) geek (n.) 怪胎

  3) be in the mood for有心情去...

  SCENE④ A 文斯顺道来吉娜的隔间看他

  09、你今天早来了

  Vince: Hey, Zina. You're here early today.

  文斯: 嗨,吉娜,你今天早来了。

  Zina: Yeah, I'm going to be making phone calls all day. What a 1) blast.

  吉娜: 对啊,我今天要打一整天的电话。真够好玩的。

  Vince: I just wanted to say thanks for putting us on the map so fast. I 2) appreciate it.

  文斯: 我只是想谢谢你那么快就让我们站上柜面了。我很感激。

  Zina: Save it, Vince. After I put my first million in the bank, I'll say you're welcome.

  吉娜: 省省吧,文斯。等我在银行存了第一个一百万,我会跟你说不客气的。

  Vince: Fair enough. 3) Keep up the good work.

  文斯: 很公平。再接再励。

  语言详解

  A: Here are those tools you wanted to borrow.

  这些是你想要借的工具。

  B: Thanks a million. I really appreciate it.

  千恩万谢。我真的很感激。

  【Save it. 你省省吧。】

  save是“存,省下”的意思,而Save it.在对话中用做短句,意思是“省省吧。”,告诉对方多说无益。而save it for的句型也很常用,意思是“替……预留”,请看以下的实际例子:

  A:I wasn't drinking, officer; I just didn't see the red light.

  警官,我没有喝酒;我只是没看到红灯。

  B:Save it for the judge.

  这些话你留着去跟法官说吧。

  A:I love this movie! I want to watch it, too.

  我好爱这部电影!我也要去看。

  B:OK. I'll save it for tonight when you get home from work.

  好。我就把这部电影留到今晚,等你下班回家一起看。

  1) blast (n.) 尽兴,玩得愉快

  2) appreciate (v.) 感激

  3) Keep up the good work. 再接再励

  SCENE⑤ A 戴夫由上方探头,进吉娜的隔间

  10、万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?

  Dave: Hey, Zina. You shouldn't act so tough with Vince. 1) What if he's your rhumba boy?

  戴夫: 嘿,吉娜。你不该故意对文斯那么凶巴巴的。万一他就是你那伦巴男孩呢?

  Zina: Please. He's only nice to me because I'm making him a ton of money.

  吉娜: 拜托喔。他对我好只是因为我在帮他赚大钱。

  Dave: He was definitely happy. You must be making a lot of sales.

  戴夫: 他真是高兴得很。你一定做成了很多买卖。

  Zina: It isn't hard. All the 2) online businesses need a way to 3) keep track of the 4) traffic to their 5) sites.

  吉娜: 这不难。所有的线上商务都需要设法掌握他们网站的流量。

  Dave: That's InfoKing. Tracks every visitor. Or at least it will, if we can get it to work.

  戴夫: 这就是资讯王。掌握每一位访客。或者至少以后会是这样,若我们能让做出来的东西管用。

  语言详解

  A: I can't get online.

  我连不上线。

  B: There must be too many other people using the Internet.

  一定是有太多人上网了。

  【act tough with... 故作强硬】

  tough 这个字,指的是“强悍的”,若要说“对……很强悍、强硬”就是be tough with...,对话中用了act这个字,act tough with听来的感觉倾向于“故意装得很强硬”。

  A: I'm so angry. I could hit you in the face.

  我好生气。我真想揍你的脸。

  B: Don't you act so tough with me. I know you couldn't hurt a fly.

  你别跟我故作强硬。我知道你连只苍蝇都舍不得杀。

  【get it to work 让它运作】

  get...to work这个句型,若是用在事物身上,是指“让……能够运作”,可能是指草创的新东西,或是某个窒碍难行的制度,也可以单纯指东西坏了:

  A: My car broke down again.

  我的车又坏了。

  B: I bet I can get it to work. Where is it?

  我打赌能让它上路。车子在哪里?

  1) what if... 万一,要是……

  2) online (a.) 连上电脑网路的,线上的

  3) keep track of... 随时掌握……

  4) traffic (n.) 此指“网站的流量”

  5) site (n.)“网站”,即website

  11、你要知道动机何在吗?

  Zina: Do you want to know what really 1) motivates Vince to be nice to me?

  吉娜: 你要知道文斯对我好的动机何在吗?

  Dave: OK. What?

  戴夫: 好啊。是什么?

  Zina: It isn't 2) gratitude. It's fear. Vince is afraid I'll 3) jump to a 4) competitor.

  吉娜: 那不是感激。是恐惧。文斯怕我会跳出去帮竞争对手。

  Dave: You wouldn't do that. Would you?

  戴夫: 你不会这么做,对吧?

  Zina: I might. Vince knows he needs to keep me happy.

  吉娜: 我或许会喔。文斯知道他得让我保持快乐。

  Dave: What about your 5) accounts?

  戴夫: 那你的客户呢?

  语言详解

  A: Man, that guy was a really good boxer.

  天啊,那家伙真是个好拳手。

  B: You fought a good fight. But your next competitor will be even tougher.

  你打了场好拳。但是你的下个对手将会更强。

  【nice to me 对我好】

  nice to 后面接“人”时,表示“友善、随和”的意思,例如:

  Grandma was nice to me when I visited her.

  我去探望祖母时她对我很友善。

  We should all be nice to the new-comer.

  我们应该对那位新来的人客气些。

  【I might. 我可能会】

  在英文中谈论可能的情态助动词(modals)有好几个,包括might, could, may, must。大致上,might表示的可能是最低,而must最高。

  Tina might be sick.(少于50%可能)

  Tina could be sick.(约50%可能)

  Tina may be sick. (约50%可能)

  Tina must be sick. (约90%可能)

  1) motivate (v.) 给……动机

  2) gratitude (n.) 感激

  3) jump to... 换(公司),尤指违反合约的情况。

  4) competitor (n.)竞争者

  5) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客户。

379933