学习啦 > 学习英语 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文欣赏 >

英语佳作欣赏

时间: 若木627 分享

  控制你的情绪

  You must control and direct your emotions not abolish them. Besides, abolition would be antimissile task. Emotions are like a river. Their power can be dammed up and released under control and direction, but is cannot be held forever in check. Sooner or later the dam will burst, unleashing catastrophic destruction.

  你必须控制并导引你的情绪而非摧毁它,况且摧毁情绪是一件不可能的事情。情绪就像河流一样,你可以筑一道堤 防把它挡起来,并在控制和导引之下排放它,但却不能永远抑制它,否则那道堤防迟早会崩溃,并造成大灾难。

  Your negative emotions can also be controlled and directed. PMA and self-discipline can remove their harmful effects and make them serve constructive purposes. Sometimes fear and anger will inspire intense action. But you must always submit your negative emotions--and you positive ones--to the examination of your reason before releasing them. Emotion without reason is a dreadful enemy.

  你的消极心态同样也可被控制和导引,积极心态和自律 可去除其中有害的部分,而使这些消极心态能为目标贡献力 量。有的时候恐惧和生气会激发出更彻底的行动,但是在你释放消极情绪(以及积极情绪)之前务必要让你的理性为它们做一番检验,缺乏理性的情绪必然是一位可怕的敌人。

  What faculty provides the crucial balance between emotions and reason? It is your willpower, or ego, asubject which will be explored in more detail below. Self-discipline will teach you to throw your willpower behind either reason or emotion and amplify the intensity of their expression.

  是什么力量使得情绪和理性之间能够达到平衡呢?是意志力或自尊心(我将在以下做更详细的说明)。自律会教导你的意志力作为理性和情绪的后盾,并强化二者的表现强度。

  Both your heart and your mind need a master, and they can find the master in your ego. However, your ego will fill their role only if you use self-discipline. In the absence of self-discipline, your mind and heart will fight their battles as they please. In this situation the person within whose mind the fight is carried out often gets badly hurt.

  你的感情和理智都需要一位主宰,而在你的自尊心里就可发现这个主宰,然而只有你在发挥你的自律精神时,自尊心才会扮演好这个角色,如果没有了自律,你的理智和感情便会随心所欲地进行战争,战争结果当然是你会受到严重的伤害。

  Love me little, Love me long

  爱我少一点,爱我久一点

  Is the burden of my song? 我歌唱永恒的爱情

  Love that is too hot and strong 如果爱得太炙热

  Burneth soon to waste. 它将很快燃烧成灰烬

  Still, I would not have thee cold 但也不要对我冰冷

  Not too backward ,nor too bold 不要爱得太羞怯,也不要爱得太狂热

  Love that lasteth till its old 不要让爱的花朵那么快就凋谢

  Fadeth not in haste. 我要你爱我 一直到老

  Love me little ,Love me long 爱我少一点,爱我久一点

  Is the burden of my song. 我歌唱永恒的爱情

  If thou love me too much, 如果爱我太多

  It will not prove me as true as totlch; 它不可能像金石那样永恒

  Love me little ,more than such, 爱我少一点我更愿意

  For I fear the end. 只因我怕爱会失去

  I am with little well content, 一点儿我就感到幸福

  And a little from thee sent 一点儿就会让我满意

  Is enough, with true intent 只要你是真心真

  To be steadfast friend. 我们的爱 至死不渝

61727