学习啦 > 学习英语 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文欣赏 > 晨读美文:英语如何地道的表示“繁忙”

晨读美文:英语如何地道的表示“繁忙”

时间: 燕妮639 分享

晨读美文:英语如何地道的表示“繁忙”

  晨读美文:英语如何地道的表示“繁忙”

  摘录:失败是学习的一种过程。

  生活在帝都北京的上班族,每天都处于繁忙中。上班下班,早晚高峰。好不容易奔到了公司又要立马打了鸡血一样投入战斗。这么繁忙的状态你造怎么用英文表达吗?

  We all lead busy lives and sometimes it feels like we’re never going to get off that treadmill. In English, there are many idiomatic expressions to express this “busyness”.

  我们都过着繁忙的生活,有时感觉仿佛永远无法停下来。英语中有很多习惯用语用于表达这种”繁忙“。

  1. Hive of activity

  一片繁忙的景象

  A place where there are a lot of things happening and everyone is busy.

  指某处正在发生大量的事,每个人都很忙。

  When I arrived at the office, the place was already a hive of activity with everyone buzzing around.

  当我到达时,办公室里已经一片热火朝天的景象,每个人都在忙的团团转

  2、All hands on deck

  全员各就各位

  When there’s a lot of work to be done and everyone needs to be involved.

  当有很多工作需要做时,所有人都要加入。

  As the opening day approached, it was all hands on deck to get everything ready in time.

  由于开业时间迫在眉睫,所有人员必须各就各位,及时做好各方面准备。

  3. Rushed off your feet

  忙的不可开交

  You are so busy that you don’t have time to stop.

  你太忙了以至于完全停不下来。

  I am exhausted. I’ve been rushed off my feet all day at the shop.

  我感到筋疲力尽。我在店里的一整天都是忙的脚打后脑勺。

  4. Work your fingers to the bone

  拼命地做,非常努力

  To work very hard or to be extremely hardworking.

  工作努力或努力到极致。

  He deserves his success. He worked his fingers to the bone when he started the business.

  他的成功归功于他自己。刚开始创业时他工作非常努力。

  5. Roll up your sleeves

  卷起袖子准备大干一场

  Get ready for hard work.

  准备好努力工作。

  If we’re going to increase our market share, we’re going to have to roll our sleeves and get new customers.

  如果我们想要增加市场份额,我就需要撸起袖子大干一场,获得新的客户。

  6. Have your work cut out

  按时完成艰巨的任务

  Have a difficult or challenging task or problem to deal with.

  有困难的或挑战性的或问题需要处理应对。

  They have their work cut out with that client. He is incredibly demanding.

  关于那个客户他们有一大堆工作要做。他要求太苛刻了。

  7. A race against time

  和时间赛跑

  Working towards a deadline.

  在时间截点前干工作。

  I have so many deadlines. It’s a never-ending race against time to meet them.

  我有这么多任务截点。要在规定时间内完成简直就是和时间赛跑。

  8. Hit the ground running

  立即快马加鞭地开展重要工作

  Start an activity immediately and with energy.

  全力以赴马上开展活动。

  He intends to hit the ground running if and when he wins that contract.

  一旦他赢得了那份合同,他就打算马上全力以赴开展工作。

168841