学习啦 > 学习英语 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文欣赏 > 适合当高中生睡前读物的英语美文赏析,附翻译

适合当高中生睡前读物的英语美文赏析,附翻译

时间: 小洁1242 分享

适合当高中生睡前读物的英语美文赏析,附翻译

  今天小编为大家带来的是关于高中生睡前读物的英语美文赏析,希望大家看完后可以学到一点感悟,也要有个好梦哦~晚安

  一、《快乐之门》

  The Happy Door

  Happiness is like a pebble dropped into a pool to set in motion an ever-widening circle of ripples.

  快乐就像一块为了激起阵阵涟漪而丢进池塘的小石头。

  As Stevenson has said, being happy is a duty.

  正好史蒂文森所说,快乐是一种责任。

  There is no exact definition of the word happiness.

  快乐这个词并没有确切的定义,

  Happy people are happy for all sorts of reasons.

  快乐的人快乐的理由多种多样。

  The key is not wealth or physical well-being,

  快乐的关键并不是财富或身体健康,

  since we find beggars, invalids and so-called failures, who are extremely happy.

  因为我们发现有些乞丐,残疾人和所谓的失败者也都非常快乐。

  Being happy is a sort of unexpected dividend.

  快乐是一种意外的收获,

  But staying happy is an accomplishment, a triumph of soul and character.

  但保持快乐却是一种成就,一种灵性的胜利。

  It is not selfish to strive for it.

  努力追寻快乐并不自私,

  It is, indeed, a duty to ourselves and others.

  实际上,这是我们对自己和他人应尽的责任。

  Being unhappy is like an infectious disease.

  不快乐就像传染病,

  It causes people to shrink away from the sufferer.

  它使得人们都躲避不快乐的人。

  He soon finds himself alone, miserable and embittered.

  不快乐的人很快就会发现自己处于孤独,悲惨,痛苦的境地。

  There is, however, a cure so simple as to seem,

  然而,有一种简单得看似荒谬的治病良方:

  at first glance, ridiculous; if you don't feel happy, pretend to be!

  如果你不快乐,就假装你很快乐!

  It works. Before long you will find that instead of repelling people, you attract them.

  这很有效。不久你就会发现,别人不再躲着你了,相反,你开始吸引别人了。

  You discover how deeply rewarding it is to be the center of wider and wider circles of good will.

  你会发觉,做一块能激起好意涟漪的小石头有多么值得。

  Then the make-believe becomes a reality.

  然后假装就变成了现实。

  You possess the secret of peace of mind, and can forget yourself in being of service to others.

  你拥有了使心灵平静的秘密,会因帮助他人而忘我。

  Being happy, once it is realized as a duty and established as a habit,

  一旦你认识到快乐是一种责任并使快乐成为习惯,

  opens doors into unimaginable gardens thronged with grateful friends.

  通向不可思议的乐园的大门就会向你敞开,那里满是感激你的朋友。

  二、《上帝与孩子的精彩对话》

  A Wonderful Dialogue between God and a Child

  上帝与孩子的精彩对话

  Once upon a time there was a child ready to be born.

  从前,有一个婴儿即将出生了。

  One day the child asked God, "They tell me you are going to send me to earth tomorrow but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless? "

  一天,这个小孩问上帝,“他们告诉我明天你将要把我送到地球,不过我这么弱小无助,在那儿该如何生活呢?”

  God replied, "Among the many angels, I have chosen one for you. She will be waiting for you and will take care of you."

  上帝答道:“在众多天使之中,我已经给你选中了一位。她将会等待并照顾你。”

  "But," said the child, "tell me here in Heaven I don't do anything else but sing and smile. That's what I need to be happy!"

  “不过”,小孩说请告诉我——在天堂我除了歌唱和微笑之外什么都不做。这些是我快乐所需要的!”

  God said, "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you every day. And you will feel your angel's love and be happy."

  上帝说,“你的天使每天将会为你歌唱,也会为你微笑。你将会感受到你的天使的爱,你会感到快乐。”

  "And," said the child, "how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me, if I don't know the language that men talk?"

  “还有”,小孩又说道,“如果我不懂他们说的语言,当人对我说话的时候我怎样才会理解呢?”

  That's easy, said God, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."

  “这很简单,”上帝说,“你的天使将教会你语言中最美丽和最甜蜜的词语,带着最大的耐心和关怀,你的天使将教会你怎样说话。”

  The child looked up at God saying, "And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?" God smiled at the child saying, "Your angel will place your hands together and will teach you how to pray."

  小孩抬头看着上帝说,“我想和你说话的时候该怎么做呢?”上帝微笑着对小孩说你的天使会把你的双手放在一起然后教会你怎样祈祷。”

  The child said, "I've heard on earth there are bad men. Who will protect me?"

  小孩说:“我听说地球上有坏人,谁将会保护我呢?”

  God put his arm around the child, saying, "Your angel will defend you--even if it means risking life!"

  上帝将手臂环绕小孩,说,“你的天使将会保护你:——即使那意味着冒着生命的危险!”

  The child looked sad saying, "But I will always be sad because I will not see you anymore."

  小孩看起来有些悲伤地说,“我将会一直感到悲伤因为我再也看不到你了。”

  God hugged the child, "Your angel will always talk to you about me and will teach you the way to come back to me, even though I will always be next to you."

  上帝拥抱着小孩说,“你的天使会一直跟你说有关我的事情,还会教你回到我身边的方法,虽说我一直与你同在。”

  At that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from earth could already be heard.

  在这一刻天堂变得无比安详,不过已经可以听到从地球上传来的声音。

  The child, in a hurry, asked softly, "Oh, God, if I am about to leave now please tell me my angel's name! "

  小孩有点着急,柔声请求,“上帝啊,如果我现在将要离开,请告诉我我的天使的名字!”

  God replied, "Your angle's name is of no importance…you will simply call her MOMMY! "

  上帝回答说,“你的天使的名字并不那么重要…你可以简单地叫她‘妈妈’。”


相关文章:

1.英语知识

2.英语知识

3.各年级英语学习方法大全

4.英语学习方法和技巧指导

5.英语学习经验:原来女神的英语是这么炼成的!

6.英语学习心得体会范文

7.英语学习技巧:学习英语的好习惯

8.小初高英语学习方法大全

61370