关于商务英语社交(2)
suit /sj6t/ v. 适合;适应
delighted /di`laitid/ adj. 高兴的
③ best to... 最好……
A: Although it's fine now, best to bring an umbrella with you.
虽然现在是睛天,但你最好还是带上伞。
B: Sounds reasonable.
有道理。
④ give sb. a lift 送某人一程
A: Helen, hurry up! Mary will give us a lift to the railway station.
海伦,你动作快点儿。玛莉一会儿送我们去火车站。
B: I'm ready to go.
我已经准备好走了。
Language focus: Invitations 邀请
Inviting2 邀请
We'd like to invite you to...
e.g. We'd like to invite you to our exhibition next Wednesday.
我们想邀请你参加下周三的展览会。
Would you like to come to...?
e.g. Would you like to come to the party this evening?
你能来参加今天晚上的聚会吗?
We wondered whether you could come to...?
e.g. We wondered whether you could come to our company on Thursday afternoon?
我们想知道你是否能在星期四下午来趟公司?
What about...?
e.g. What about bowling3 ?
去打保龄球怎么样?
Responding 回答
Accepting 接受
Thank you...
e.g. Thank you for your invitation.
谢谢你的邀请。
I'd love to.
我非常愿意去。
That would be nice.
那真是太好了。
I'd be delighted.
我很乐意去。
Declining 拒绝
I'd love to, but...
e.g. I'd love to, but I have promised to go home early tonight.
我非常愿意去,但我已经答应家人今天早点回家了。
I'm sorry, but I've got another engagement.
对不起,我已跟别人约好了。
I'm afraid I can't come. I'm going to...
e.g. I'm afraid I can't come. I'm going to see off a friend of mine.
我恐怕不能去了。我要给我的一个朋友送行。
NOTE: When declining an invitation, an explanation or excuse should normally be given.
注意: 当拒绝邀请时,一般要给出理由或解释。
Time 时间
Would Tuesday evening suit you?
星期二晚上你有空吗?
What sort of time?
什么时间合适啊?
Shall we say 8 o'clock?
8点怎么样?
关于商务英语社交(2)
上一篇:容易误解的外贸词语
下一篇:出行必备实用英语之航班预定英文