关于2019年12月大学英语英语六级口语知识点分享
小编今天帮大家整理了2019年12月英语六级口语知识点分享,希望对要参加英语六级口语考试的考生们有所帮助喔!下面让我们一起来看一下吧。
A: Have you talked to your boyfriend about buying atable?
你跟你的男友谈了买桌子的事情吗?
B: Yes,but he just brushed it off as if it were onlymy business.
谈过了,但他只是轻轻带过,好像这事情只是我的事儿一样。
知识点分析:
Brush off的原意是“刷掉,刷掉,掸掉,拂掉”的意思。例如:Dust on the surface brushes off easily.(表面的灰尘容易掸掉。)Please brush this insect off.(请把这只虫掸掉。)在口语中,可以用来表示“拒绝,漠视,不理睬”等意思。
A: Is there any other way?
还有别的办法吗?
B: I am sorry. My hands are tied.
对不起,我无能为力。
知识点分析:
One’s hands are tied是一句俚语,字面意思是“手别捆绑起来”,比喻为“无能为力,没办法”的意思。
A: You are welcome.Knock yourself out.
不用谢,祝你生活愉快。
B: The same to you.
你也一样啊。
知识点分析:
Knock oneself out用途广泛,它还有3种意思。如果你去美国朋友家中做客或者参加他们举行的宴会,当他们说knock oneself out时,意思是叫某人尽情地玩。例如:Let’s knock ourselves out drinking and dancing!(喝酒跳舞,让咱们尽情享受吧!)第二个意思是劝告某人没有必要去理会某件事情。Know yourself out.(你不要去理睬。)第三个意思是做最大努力,尽最大努力。例如:They like knocking themselves out for that.(他们愿意为此尽鼓大努力。)
A: You must promise not to breathe a word about it to her. Then I will tell you.
你必须答应我不能把此事告诉她,否则,我就不告诉你。
B: Why should we keep it secret from her. She is your cousin.
我们为什么要对她保密?她是你的表妹呀。
A: If she knows she will give mouth to it.
如果她知道了,她会说出去的。
B: I see now. I promise. Tell me.
我现在明白了,我答应你,那你告诉我吧。
知识点分析:
Give mouth to的意思是“把……说出去,泄露出去”。
A: I dislike Helen now. she is always giving herselfairs.
我现在很讨厌Helen,她总是装模作样。
B: Maybe she thinks she came back from abroad.
也许她自己觉得她从国外回来吧。
A: What of it?
那有什么了不起?
B: Sure.
可不是。
知识点分析:
Give oneself airs的意思是“装模作样”。
A: Will you give your friends a buzz and put out afeeler to see if they like to offer me a loan?
给你的朋友打个电话,看看他能否给我贷点款?
B: Give them a buzz? What can I say to them? Saythat you want a loan?
给他们打电话?说什么呢?说你想贷款?
A: I just want to make sure that there is possibilityof giving us a loan.
我就是想看看有没有这个可能。
B: And they, too, want to make sure their loan is worthwhile.
她们也要确认这个值不值得做。
知识点分析:
Give someone a buzz 的意思是“给某人挂个电话”。
A: Why should someone get up the nerve to callanother person’s names? Most of these people knowit’s degrading to do that.
为何有人要鼓起勇气去嘲弄别人。大多数人都知道很丢脸。
B: This has something to do with the emotionalaspect of the psyche.
这和心理有关。
A: I never seem to get up the nerve to curse othersor call their names.
对于我来说,鼓起勇气去诅咒或者嘲弄别人,好像不需要什么勇气。
B: You have more self-control than they have. Besides, your anger is not strong enough toforce you to do then. If one gets up the nerve to do anything, to kill himself for instance, hehave a stronger driver for the action than the consequence he’ll have to take.
你比他们的自制力更强。此外,你的火气还没有那么强烈驱使你那么做。如果一个人鼓起勇气去做事情,比如自杀,他采取行动的驱动力要比承担后果的驱动力强烈。
知识点分析:
Get up the nerve的意思是“鼓起勇气”。
A: I got the wind of the fact that Ken left his wife.
我听说Ken离开他妻子了。
B: Yes. Anna told me that their marriage broke up.
是的,Anna告诉我他们的婚姻破裂了。
A: Do you know why?
你知道原因吗?
B: She didn’t say much but I think there must be athird person involved.
她没有说很多,但是我想一定是有第三者插足。
A: How do you know that?
你怎么知道的?
B : I saw Ken had dinner with the same lady several times.
我看见好几次他跟同一个女人共进晚餐。
知识点分析:
Get wind of的意思是“听到某事的风声,听到秘密消息”。
A: That is why I am picking your brain. You must help me to sort things out so that I will be able to get her attention.
这就是我为何请教你的原因了,你得帮我想个办法让我能引起她的注意。
B: You must use some gimmick.
你 必须耍点小花招了。
A: But what gimmick can I use?
可是我能耍什么花招呢?
B: Let’s find another time and have a good talk. Maybe we can come up with some good ideas.
咱么另外找个时间好好聊聊吧啊,也许会拿出些好主意来。
知识点分析:
Gimmick的意思为“花招,诡计”。
A: What did you do to get her back?
你是怎么把她惹火了?
B: I only said she was easy to take offence.
我只是说她很爱生气。
A: And what else did you say?
你还说了别的什么吗?
B: Well, I also said she was not even a child.
我还说她连一个孩子都不如。
A: But these remarks were enough to get her back up.
这些话语就足够让她生气了的。
知识点分析:
Get someone’s back up的意思是“惹怒某人,把某人给惹翻了”。
A: One thing you are particular good at is to communicate your ideas to other people, and that ability is what I need most.
你很擅长表达你的观点,这真是我最需要的。
B: Maybe you have some difficulty in getting your ideas across.
或许你不能很清楚表达你自己的想法。
A: Yes, it troubles me too much.
是的,这使我很苦恼。
B: Maybe I can help you to improve this ability.
没准儿我可以帮助你改善这种情况。
B: If so, I would be very obliged to you.
如果真是这样的话,那我可得好好谢谢你。
知识点分析:
Get across的本意是“穿过,通过”,引申为“说明,阐明”的意思。使用时,当主语为Sb.,意思为“阐明某事”。
A: If you get the best of her again, I’ll do you over.
如果你占了她的便宜,我就揍你。
B: Do you think you are strong enough?
你以为你又很劲吗?
A: You can have a try and see.
你可以试试看。
知识点分析:
Get the best of的意思是“占某人的便宜,享有最优越的”。
A: What has happened? You got black and blue inthe face.
怎么搞的,你脸上青一块紫一块的。
B: I fought with Bob.
我和鲍勃打了一架。
A: Terrible. How come?
糟透了,怎么会这样呢?
B: I don’t want to mention it. But I’ll get back at him some day.
我不想再提了,但是我终有一天会报复他的。
知识点分析:
Get back at someone的字母意思是“返回到某人身上去”,引申为“报复某人”。
A: I saw her the moment I came in. she smiled atme.
我刚进来就看到了她,她对着我微笑。
B: It seems that she is fond of you.
看上去他喜欢你了。
A: She is lovely. When she gets dolled up, she isreally beautiful.
她非常可爱,打扮起来还真是漂亮。
B: Yeah. Shall I introduce you to her?
是呀,要不要我帮你介绍认识。
A: You know her?
你认识她?
B: Of course. She is my cousin.
当然,她是我表妹。
知识点分析:
dolled up的意思为“打扮得漂漂亮亮的,花枝招展的”。
A: He didn’t think that he would be found.
他没有想到别人会找到他的。
B: He certainly got in his girlfriend’s hair.
他一定是把他女友惹毛火了。
A: Yeah. I knew she was very angry when shelearned what he had done.
是的,我知道当她知道他所做的事情后非常生气。
B: She wouldn’t love him any more, I suppose.
我想,她不会再爱他啦。
知识点分析:
Get in someone’s hair的英文解释为“used when someone is distracting you from something youare doing”。可译为:打搅某人,吵烦某人,把某人惹火了等等。
A: Do you know him?
你认识他?
B: Not very well.
不太熟悉。
A: Then why did you believe him and gave him somuch money?
那你为何相信他而给他那么多钱呢?
B: I am simply flowing my nose and I think he really needs help.
我只是凭直觉,想到他真的需要帮助。
知识点分析:
Follow one’s nose的意思为“凭直觉”“凭第六感官”。
A: I think, for this thing, he has gone too far.
在这件事情上,我认为他做得有点过分了。
B: Why?
为什么呢?
A: You know, he shouted from the housetops thatSusan had done such a thing.
你知道吗,他大声宣告苏珊做的那件事情。
B: Yeah, it’s nobody but she did that.
是的,可的确是她不是别人干的。
A: But I think we should spare her feelings.
可是我觉得还是应该给她留点情面。
知识点分析:
From the housetops是副词性短语,意思是“公开地”“广泛地”。通常与declare,cry,shout,proclaim等动词连用。 短语shout/proclaim sth. from the housetops的意思就是“公开宣布某事”。
A: I don’t know why I get a stage fright when Ispeak to a large crowd of people.
我不知道为何我对着一群人说话,我就会怯场。
B: That’s the case with many people.
许多人都是如此。
A: And when you are afraid of giving a poor accountof yourself, you will feel even worse.
当你害怕给别人留下不好的印象的时候,你会感觉到更糟糕。
B: I think that is where the problem lies.
我认为那真是问题所在。
知识点分析:
stage fright是名词短语,其意思为“怯场”。它经常与动词get连用,即为: get a stage fright。
A : I am confused.
我真有点迷惑不解。
B: What is the matter?
怎么啦?
A : You really believe what he says?
你真相信他说的话?
B: But frankly speaking, he has never fluffed youoff.
坦率地说,他从来就没有把你放在眼里。
知识点分析:
Fluff sb. off 的意思为“不把某人放眼中”“冷淡或不理睬某人”“傲慢滴排斥某人”。
A: What a terrible man he is!
他这个人真过分!
B: What had happened?
怎么了?
A: I’m just surprised when he flew off the handleand told me if I mention anything about mother he skin me alive.
使我吃惊的是,他怒不可揭地说我如果再提到关于母亲的任何事情,他就要剥了我的皮。
B: Please forgive him, you know he was shocked by the truth that mother has gone awaywithout us.
请原谅他,你知道母亲丢掉我们就走了,对他触动很大。
A: OK, but we all have a broken heart, not just himself alone.
好吧,可是我们都很伤心,又不是他一个人。
知识点分析:
Fly off the handle的意思为“失去控制”“大发雷霆”。
A: Where are you from?
你来自哪里?
B: Gansu Province.
甘肃省。
A: For goodness’ sake, I didn’t know we are fromthe same place.
天啊,我还不知道啦,我们原来是老乡。
B: Did you have a good night tonight?
今晚过得愉快吗?
A: Yes, marvelous time.
非常愉快。
知识点分析:
For the goodness’ sake源于for…sake一词,本指“为了……的缘故”。例如:for the safty’s sake(为了安全起见),for one’s own sake(为了自己的利益)。在此,for the goodness’ sake用于加强语气,或表示厌烦、惊讶等,意为“看在上帝的份上,做做好事吧”。
相关文章:
4.让你的英语口语更地道的口语短语大合集来啦,你确定不来看看?
6.口语比赛开场白