简单的英文美文
简单的英文美文
美文对于中学生的英语学习有着重要的作用和深刻的影响,它能不断提升和完善学生的人文素质。下面是学习啦小编带来的简单的英文美文,欢迎阅读!
简单的英文美文篇一
The Flight of youth 青春的飞逝
Richard Henry Stoddard
理查德·亨利·斯托达德
There are gains for all our losses.
我们失去的一切都能得到补偿,
There are balms for all our pain;
我们所有的痛苦都能得到安慰;
But when youth,the dream,departs
可是梦境似的青春一旦消逝,
It takes something from our hearts,
它带走了我们心中的某种美好,
And it never comes again.
从此一去不复返。
We are stronger, and are better,
我们变得日益刚强、更臻完美,
Under manhood’s sterner reign;
在严峻的成年生活驱使下;
Still we feel that something sweet
可是依然感到甜美的情感,
Following youth, with flying feet,
已随着青春飞逝,
And will never come again.
不再返回。
Something beautiful is vanished,
美好已经消逝,
And we sigh for it in vain;
我们枉自为此叹息;
We behold it everywhere,
尽管在天地之间,
On the earth, and in the air,
我们处处能见青春的魅力,
But it never comes again!
可是它不再返回!
简单的英文美文篇二
The life I desired 我所追求的生活
William Somerset Maugham
威廉·萨姆塞特·毛姆
That must be the story of innumerable couples,and the pattern of life of life it offers has a homely grace.It reminds you of a placid rivulet,meandering smoohtly through green pastures and shaded by pleasant trees,till at last it falls into the vasty sea;but the sea is so calm,so silent,so infifferent,that you are troubled suddently by a vague uneasiness.Perhaps it is only by a kink in my nature,strong in me even in those days,that i felt in such an existence,the share of the great majority,something amiss.I recognized its social value.I saw its ordered happiness,but a fever in my blood asked for a wilder course.There seemed to me something alarming in such easy delights.In my heart was desire to live more dangerously.I was not unprepared for jagged rocks and treacherous,shoals it I could only have change-change and the exicitement of unforeseen.
这一定是世间无数对夫妻的生活写照,这种生活模式给人一种天伦之美。它使人想起一条平静的溪流,蜿蜒畅游过绿茵的草场,浓荫遮蔽,最后注入烟波浩渺的汪洋大海;但是大海太过平静,太过沉默,太过不动声色,你会突然感到莫名的不安。也许这只是我自己的一种怪诞想法,在那样的时代,这想法对我影响很深:我觉得这像大多数人一样的生活,似乎欠缺了一点儿什么。我承认这种生活有社会价值,我也看到了它那井然有序的幸福,但我血液里的冲动却渴望一种更桀骜不驯的旅程.这样的安逸中好像有一种叫我惊惧不安的东西.我的心渴望一种更加惊险的生活。只要生活中还能有变迁———以及不可知的刺激,我愿意踏上怪石嶙峋的山崖,奔赴暗礁满布的海滩。
简单的英文美文篇三
The More Loving One 让我们成为更有爱心的人
W.H.Auden
|W·H·奥登
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,
But on earth indifference is the least
可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧
We have to dread from man or beast.
人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn
倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,
With a passion for us we could not return?
我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be,
倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me.
让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am
尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
它们满不在乎,
I cannot, now I see them ,say
现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,
I missed one terribly all day.
说我成天思念一颗星星。
Were all stars to disappear or die
倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,
I should learn to look at an empty sky
我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,
And feel its total dark sublime,
同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,
Though this might take me a little time.
虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。
看了“简单的英文美文”的人还看了:
2.简单英文美文短文